I had high hopes of making a lot more Autumn fashions for dolls, but basically just made a few simple coats and knitted some scarves. Putting some on CustomFashionDoll.etsy.com on Monday, today I really really want to have time to draw.
Not enough hours in a day… and I’m 80-90% un-employed, with no social life and only one kid!* How do people manage?
Chunky scarves time… Chunky blob of clothes time is coming…
Whimsical polka dot rain coat, clothes modeled by 12″ Fashion Royalty doll Veronique Perring! Alas I don’t have enough to make a life size version, I’d love a pretty raincoat like this for myself!
Ariel, the little mermaid doll – she’s repainted by me, but as you can see her face paint is not finished yet. What I said about hours in a day…
Here’s sporting an One piece suit.
Now, time for afternoon walk, then hopefully finally chance to sit down and draw…
*and she’s a dog…
Custom Repaint and rerooted monster high doll with handmade Marie Antoinette dress
Adding things up slowly but steady to brand new Custom Fashion Doll Clothes etsy shop.
From now on, merineiti.etsy.com will be for human size things, we’ll see. Please bear with me, the shop is up and running, so you are able to like, share, follow and order if you wish.
Yet lots of things still to do to make it more pleasant for everyone, as well as I have a few dozen things to put up there. I will notify again, when I feel most of the things are up, and perhaps then it’s time to host a little competition / giveaway…
Some things that need to be done,
- photoshoots! Lots of them, like:
- body comparison pictures to help finding the right fit.
- better listing photos.
- accurate fabric / color choice photos.
- Portfolio photos.
The web stuff
- Etsy shop written stuff, need to come up with a short easy read template
- website stuff, where to put all the additional info and pictures
- Come up with relevant tags and stuff
- social media stuff up to date… and whether just discard the things I always forget.
- Graphics!!! Need a set of avatars, icons, banner and such, that would be consistent, informative, whimsical and so meee…
- And a color scheme. And a font.
- OH GOSH NOT ANOTHER hobby… make a dress up game, with the clothing styles I offer. Yes, I can, yes it will be time consuming and dreadful for a technophobe. I just went almost 3 weeks without opening a computer! Okay, I had my phone, but still, it was fantastic.
- Warning labels, cards, all that shipping stuff that is at the moment who knows where after I moved a few months ago.
- doll skirt tutorial is overdue… (I lost half the footage D:)
- pepakura video, 90% ready
- something I’ve forgotten
- Something else I’ve forgotten. I know when I’ll open the editor…
- Halloween doll costume how to, 1-3 videos. Yesss… I’ve already started patterning.
- Repaint videos. I have footage for one, and another is a slideshow
- Flocking tutorial video. Mama’s horse need new hair (aaa I have three horses to customize).
Crafts, sewing, painting….
- too many… Need to sew more stock, and examples…
- Too many repaint WIPs… my dolls need faces
- Few re-roots as well… I’m not going to make a video, as it would be mainly me swearing.
- A mystery craft I started Friday when I was feverish. Literally, having a horrible flu all weekend, couldn’t concentrate on anything precice, so I started cutting up cardboard boxes. You can see the hint photos on my instagram feed on the right, can you guess what it will be?
- get one.
- jk I don’t need one, I have my dolls…
- which is, doll stories – a few spontaneously came to live on instagram.com/merineiti (I’m talking poor Jane the action figure, and apparently desperate vintage housewife) but I also have a few scripted.
- Also, try and clean out the doll stuff for sale… figure out which dolls and factory clothes are actually considered vintage and whether to put on etsy, or ebay, and which are modern or too usual and put on ordinary thrift store, or charity. I can’t believe a year ago I only had maybe 25 dolls. Now, I don’t think I want to know…
- ALSO gosh the flu medicin gave a false sense of energy and weird ideas, I actually started to think about Home decor… dc-fix might just fix that ugly little kitchen of mine.
Oh, and need to figure out how to do reverse percent calculations, or whatever it is called in English, can’t remember how it’s done 😛
And write a how to etsy post for people not familiar with the platform, maybe put things on ebay as well as and and…
Something I’ve forgotten again, I’m sure.